FORT LEE, N.J. and TEL AVIV, Israel, Nov. 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dreamforce 2017 — OwnBackup, a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) data backup and recovery vendor, today announced the availability of its Winter ‘18 release. Advanced new features tighten SaaS data backup and recovery security, offer greater control and access, and improve backup and recovery performance—making data protection easier, faster and better integrated with existing security systems.
“We’ve relied on OwnBackup for almost two years, and it has paid for itself many times over. Having the tool in place gives us peace of mind that we can quickly restore from a data disaster, and we look forward to using the latest version for other business needs as well. The new compare feature is amazing for managing sandboxes, and the data alerts feature is a proactive way to monitor data health,” said George Davis, Salesforce Administrator at Axon Enterprise Inc.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, OwnBackup’s award-winning backup and recovery service technology is available on the AppExchange. As a pioneer in the cloud-to-cloud backup, recovery and replication space, OwnBackup’s latest release continues to push past previous boundaries. Highlights include the ability to:
- Advanced Key Management: Users may now add an extra layer of protection by generating their own encryption keys for use on their data. New keys may be rotated as frequently as required by their own security policies.
- Activate OwnBackup services automatically from apps: A new OwnBackup API enables users to integrate the OwnBackup service directly for automatic operations such as backup on-demand, export and download data, access audit logs, and check backup statuses.
- Filter and find the right data to restore faster: OwnBackup’s new consolidated Restore tool brings together all recovery capabilities, enabling users to restore multiple objects, and their related records, in a single operation. Deeper recovery and iterative refine-and-preview capabilities, including query-based filtering and alerts, enhance the user experience, especially under pressure.
- Pinpoint corruption faster and audit data over time with field-level Compare: Easily isolate changes to specific fields with advanced filter options and drill-down comparison of previous to current data values.
- Search within attachment contents: Users gain a new capability that allows them to search within the content of attachments. Users can now search for keywords within PDFs, MS Word® documents, MS Excel® files and other attached file types.
- Better meet compliance and reporting requirements: The new OwnBackup Reports Dashboard helps users more easily meet compliance and reporting requirements with comprehensive, consolidated online reporting, available by custom date ranges.
- Create the Perfect Test Data set: This release also enhances filtering and performance features in the OwnBackup Sandbox Seeding product to further accelerate development and QA cycles.
- Easily accomplish data protection tasks: Consolidated features and functions, and the enhanced look and feel of the new OwnBackup User Interface makes it easier for data protection specialists to do their job.
“Today’s organizations face a never-ending barrage of data threats. We care deeply about protecting our customers’ data, so we continuously add new capabilities to our service that help them manage and protect their data with greater ease, speed and security,” said Sam Gutmann, CEO of OwnBackup.
For complete details on the latest OwnBackup offering, please visit: https://www.ownbackup.com/products
About Salesforce AppExchange
Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s leading enterprise cloud marketplace, empowers companies to sell, service, market and engage in entirely new ways. With more than 4,000 solutions, 5 million customer installs and 70,000 peer reviews, it is the most comprehensive source of cloud, mobile, social, IoT, analytics and artificial intelligence technologies for businesses.
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
Salesforce, AppExchange, Dreamforce and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, Inc.
OwnBackup, a leading data backup and recovery vendor, provides secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS and PaaS data, as well as sophisticated data compare and restore tools for disaster recovery. OwnBackup covers data loss and corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors and rogue applications. Co-founded by seasoned data-recovery, data-protection and information-security experts, OwnBackup is a top-ranked backup and restore ISV on the Salesforce AppExchange and was selected as a Gartner 2015 “Cool Vendor” in Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery. Headquartered in Fort Lee, New Jersey, with R&D, support and other functions in Tel Aviv, Israel, OwnBackup is the vendor of choice for some of the world’s largest users of SaaS applications.
For more information, visit http://www.ownbackup.com.